Steps End User License Agreement
PLEASE READ THE FOLLOWING CAREFULLY BEFORE INSTALLING AND/OR USING THE APP.
By clicking the “accept” or “ok” button, or installing and/or using the Steps mobile software application called STEPS (the “App”) you expressly acknowledge and agree that you are entering into a legal agreement with Steps Solutions Ltd. (“Steps”, we”, “us” or “our”), and have understood and agree to comply with, and be legally bound by, the terms and conditions of this End User License Agreement (“Agreement”). You hereby waive any applicable rights to require an original (non-electronic) signature or delivery or retention of non-electronic records, to the extent not prohibited under applicable law. If you do not agree to be bound by this Agreement please do not download, install or use the App.
1. Our App offers you an opportunity to create, connect, communicate, discover, and share your images, videos, opinions and recommendations through our App. You can also publish any information you deem fit in the App environment by adding Your User Submissions to be viewed by other App users.
4. License Restrictions. You agree not to, and shall not permit any third party to: (i) sublicense, redistribute, sell, lease, lend or rent the App; (ii) make the App available over a network where it could be used by multiple devices owned or operated by different people at the same time; (iii) disassemble, reverse engineer, decompile, decrypt, or attempt to derive the source code of, the App; (iv) copy (except for back-up purposes), modify, improve, or create derivative works of the App or any part thereof; (v) circumvent, disable or otherwise interfere with security-related features of the App or features that prevent or restrict use or copying of any content or that enforce limitations on use of the App; (vi) remove, alter or obscure any proprietary notice or identification, including copyright, trademark, patent or other notices, contained in or displayed on or via the App; (vii) use any communications systems provided by the App to send unauthorized and/or unsolicited commercial communications; (viii) use the Steps name, logo or trademarks without our prior written consent; and/or (ix) use the App to violate any applicable laws, rules or regulations, or for any unlawful, harmful, irresponsible, or inappropriate purpose, or in any manner that breaches this Agreement.
5. Account. In order to use some of the App features you may have to create or use an account (an “Account”). If you create an Account, you must provide accurate and complete information for yourself. You are solely responsible for the activity that occurs in your Account, and you must keep your Account password secure. You must notify us immediately of any unauthorized use of your Account. We can terminate or disable your Account immediately to protect our App or services, or if you create risk or legal exposure for us, violate this Agreement, if you infringe other people’s intellectual property rights, if we suspect misuse by you of User Submissions, Content or services; if your Account is inactive (i.e., not used or logged-into) for a period of time, we will notify you via the services or in the App that you are not being active in the App to see if you want to continue using the services, and/or where we are permitted or required to do so by law. If we take action to disable or terminate your account, we will notify you where appropriate. If you believe your account has been terminated in error, or you want to disable or permanently delete your account, consult us at: firstname.lastname@example.org. You may terminate your Account at any time by sending an email to email@example.com.
1. Usages Rules. If you are downloading the App from a third party mobile device platform or service provider (“Distributor”), please be aware that the Distributor may have established usage rules which also govern your use of the App (“Usage Rules”). We specifically refer to the Usage Rules of certain Distributors below in the section entitled ‘Distributor Requirements and Usage Rules’, but other Usage Rules may be applicable depending on where the App has been downloaded from. You acknowledge that, prior to downloading the App from a Distributor, you have had the opportunity to review and understand, and will comply with, its Usage Rules. The Usage Rules that are applicable to your use of the App are incorporated into this Agreement by this reference. You represent that you are not prohibited by any applicable Usage Rules and/or applicable law from using the App; if you are unable to make such a representation you are prohibited from installing and/or using the App.
3. Safe and appropriate use
1. Use of the App in a Vehicle. If you are using the App in a vehicle, you agree: (i) to comply with all applicable traffic laws; and (ii) if you are the driver, not to use the App unless your vehicle is stationary and legally parked.
2. While you are using our App, please be aware of your surroundings, and play and communicate safely.
3. You agree that your use of the App is at your own risk, and that you will not use the App to violate any applicable law, regulation, policies, or instructions as outlined in this Agreement and you will not encourage or enable any other individual to do so.
4. Steps does not intend to provide a medical App or health devices, or provide medical or health advice.
5. You agree to maintain safe and appropriate contact with other users and other people in the real world. For example, you will not impersonate, harass, threaten, or otherwise violate the legal rights of, others; you will not trespass, or in any manner attempt to gain or gain access to any property or location where you do not have a right or permission to be, and will not otherwise engage in any activity that may result in injury, death, property damage, nuisance, or liability of any kind.
6. If you have a dispute with any third party relating to your use of App, you release Steps (and our officers, directors, agents, subsidiaries, joint ventures, and employees) from all claims, demands, and damages (actual and consequential) of every kind and nature, known and unknown, suspected and unsuspected, disclosed and undisclosed, arising out of or in any way connected with such disputes.
7. In any event, if we become aware of unlawful or prohibited use of our App or behaviour, we reserve the right to report it to the relevant authorities.
1. Third Party Sources and Content.The App enables you to view, access, link to, and use content from Third Party Sources (defined below) that are not owned or controlled by us (“Third Party Content”).
1. The App may also enable you to communicate and interact with Third Party Sources. “Third Party Source(s)” means: (i) third party websites and services; and (ii) our partners and customers.
3. We are not responsible for, and we expressly disclaim all warranties regarding, the accuracy, appropriateness, usefulness, safety, or Intellectual Property Rights (defined below) of, or relating to, any Third Party Content.
4. We do not endorse any advertising, promotions, campaigns, products, services or other materials that is included in any Third Party Content or that is communicated to you from a Third Party Source.
5. By using the App you may be exposed to Third Party Content that is inaccurate, offensive, indecent, or objectionable. You always have the choice of deciding whether or not to interact with a Third Party Source or to view and use Third Party Content. Your interaction with a Third Party Source and your use of, and reliance upon, any Third Party Content is at your sole discretion and risk.
6. You are solely responsible and liable for your interaction with a Third Party Source. You agree to waive, and hereby do waive, any legal or equitable rights or remedies you may have against Steps, and release Steps from any and all liability, arising from your use of and interaction on any Third Party Content and from your interaction with any Third Party Source. If you have any query or complaint regarding a Third Party Source or any Third Party Content, you agree to contact the Third Party Source directly.
2. Messages. The App may permit you to send messages to a Third Party Source or to other App users (“Messages”). You are solely responsible for your Messages and the consequences of sending them, and you agree to hold us harmless, and expressly release us, from any and all liability arising from your Messages. You grant us a worldwide, irrevocable, non-exclusive, royalty-free, perpetual, sub-licensable and transferable license to use, store, and reproduce your Messages for the limited purpose of facilitating sending them to your designated recipients (and we may also use the tools, software or services of third party service providers to facilitate the sending of Messages to your designated recipients). You represent and warrant that you own or have the necessary rights and permissions to use all of the Intellectual Property Rights in and to your Messages, and to grant the foregoing license to us. You retain all of your ownership rights in your Messages. You acknowledge and agree that the provisions of Section 10 (User Submissions) below shall also apply to Messages that you send via the App.
3. User Submissions.
1. The App may permit the hosting, sharing, posting, and publishing of content by you and other users (“User Submissions” and/or to “Publish“). Your User Submissions may be posted to the App, or otherwise be made publicly available. You understand that whether or not such User Submissions are published, we do not guarantee any confidentiality with respect to any User Submissions. You shall be solely responsible for your User Submissions and the consequences of posting or publishing them. We have complete discretion whether to publish your User Submissions and we reserve the right without further notice to you, to monitor, censor, edit, remove, delete, and/or remove any and all User Submissions at any time and for any reason.
2. Ownership. You represent and warrant that you own or have the necessary rights and permissions to use and authorize us to use all Intellectual Property Rights in and to your User Submissions, and to enable inclusion and use thereof as contemplated by this Agreement. You retain all of your ownership rights in your User Submissions.
4. Exposure. You understand and acknowledge that when accessing and using the App: (i) you will be exposed to User Submissions from a variety of sources, and that we are not responsible for the accuracy, usefulness, safety, or Intellectual Property Rights of, or relating to, such User Submissions; and (ii) you may be exposed to User Submissions that are inaccurate, offensive, indecent, or objectionable. You agree to waive, and hereby do waive, any legal or equitable rights or remedies you may have against us with respect to (i) and (ii) herein.
5. Disclosure. We reserve the right to access, read, preserve, and disclose any User Submission or any other information that we obtain in connection with the App as we reasonably believe is necessary to: (i) satisfy any applicable law, regulation, legal process, subpoena or governmental request, (ii) enforce this Agreement, including investigation of potential violations of it, (iii) detect, prevent, or otherwise address fraud, security or technical issues, (iv) respond to your user support requests, or (v) protect the rights, property or safety of Steps, our users or the public.
6. Prohibited Content. You agree that you will not send, display, post, submit, publish or transmit a User Submission or Message that: (i) is unfair or deceptive under the consumer protection laws of any jurisdiction; (ii) is copyrighted, protected by trade secret or otherwise subject to third party proprietary rights, including privacy and publicity rights, unless you are the owner of such rights; (iii) creates a risk to a person’s good name, safety or health, creates a risk to public safety or health, compromises national security, or interferes with an investigation by law enforcement; (iv) impersonates another person; (v) promotes illegal drugs, violates export control laws, relates to illegal gambling, or illegal arms trafficking; (vi) is unlawful, defamatory, libelous, threatening, pornographic, harassing, hateful, racially or ethnically offensive, or encourages conduct that would be considered a criminal offense, gives rise to civil liability, violates any law, or is otherwise dishonest, inaccurate, inappropriate, malicious or fraudulent; (vii) involves theft or terrorism; (viii) constitutes an unauthorized commercial communication; (ix) contains the contact information or any personally identifiable information of any third party unless you have first obtained the express consent of said third party to include their contact information or personally identifiable information; and/or (x) breaches this Agreement.
7. If you select a username or similar identifier for your Account, we may change it if we believe it is appropriate or necessary (for example, if it infringes someone’s intellectual property or impersonates another user).
8. If you use content covered by intellectual property rights that we have and make available in our App (for example, images, designs, videos, or sounds we provide that you add to content you create or share), we retain all rights to our content (but not yours).
9. Your User Submissions shall comply at all times with all applicable laws and shall not violate, infringe or misappropriate third party rights (including, without limitation, intellectual property, privacy, rights of publicity, reputation and other personality rights).
10. We respect copyright law and expect our users to do the same. It is our policy to terminate in appropriate circumstances Account holders who infringe or are believed to be infringing the rights of copyright holders. Please see our Copyright Policy for further information.
1. Reporting User Submission and Messages, and DMCA and Copyright Policy.
Last updated: 10 June 2019