Every person who uses steps is entering into a relationship with a new experience. Your role is critical in helping them understand and comprehend the ways in which Steps can help them in their everyday life. The right candidate will have a strong understanding of how and when to use purpose driven microcopy. Your communication skills will help you convey complex app behaviors in easy to understand ways. As a creative communicator, you should have the problem solving skills needed to offer copy to convey features that will benefit the user in their daily life. Your highly developed sense for user experience and eye for details will look to compliment every complicated UI element with corresponding simple copy. We are looking for someone who will set the tone for content and drive cohesive product narratives across multiple platforms and touchpoints.
At Steps we focus on success through teamwork. By joining the team, you will have a direct hand in the business’ success. As new users join the app, your copy will be the driving force behind their decisions. We believe that alone you can go fast, but together we can go far.
Steps is changing the way location-based information is shared by giving every individual, community and business an easy way to share relevant information that might be hard to find. We’ve been using digital maps and social media for over a decade, but never like this. Your role at Steps will be pivotal in shaping the future of mapping.
• A native-level English speaker who is familiar with the American slang.
• Up to date on trends in UX , app, and web content.
• A self-starter and fast learner with a love for language and details.
• Experience doing UX writing for a mobile B2C solution.
• Team player with strong communication skills who is passionate about being part of a successful team with a “Can-Do” mentality and mindset.
• Expert at turning complex ideas into simple, and easy to understand copy.
• Conduct extensive product and user research and understand Steps users to create the brand voice.
• Create clear, consistent, concise user interface copy for the platform which facilitates user navigation, onboarding, error messages, push notifications, emails, and other text components of the end-to-end user experience.
• Work closely with Product Managers, UX/UI designers to deliver best-in-class user experiences.
• Work in a dynamic environment requiring quick decision making within tight schedules.
• Take part in developing the product experience strategy that will help us to achieve our company’s objectives and business goals.
The job can be done from a long distance, home or in our TLV office, located in Midtown Tower.